The Harrowbarrow and Metherell Village Hall was built to a high standard by
the local community and its facilities are constantly being upgraded. The “Venue in
the Valley” is now considered one of the best village-based facilities in the area,
and it has much to offer…
- Parking is no problem; the hall is set in its own grounds with a large parking
area. A well maintained lawn lies to one side; to the other, picnic tables, a
table-tennis table and a boules court. Exterior lighting is in place for evening
• There is a large stage with theatre curtains for live entertainment. It is fully lit and can be covered for sound.
• In the main hall there is a projection system perfect for playing out from a
laptop or DVD player, for streaming from the Internet, or for live TV. Excellent
for private functions, for training sessions or for business meetings.
• The powerful sound system can be easily fed from a laptop/tablet, mobile
phone or MP3 player. Connection and operation are very straightforward.
• A modern DMX / LED lighting system is installed which can provide a variety
of lighting conditions at the touch of a button, from a warm and welcoming
ambience to a colourful moving-light Disco/Party style.
• Specialised, bespoke lighting and sound can also be arranged using the hall’s
• The smaller meeting room also has a projection sytem, and can stream from
Live television, Internet productions, DVD or laptop.
• Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.
• A Hearing-aid loop is installed.
• The Kitchen is very well equipped and can cope with a wide range of catering
requirements. There are two cookers, a large warming cabinet, a microwave
oven, a fridge/freezer, a dishwasher and kettles. Table linen can be provided.
• A large selection of crockery, cutlery, glassware, cookware and utensils are
• There is a large stock of upholstered chairs and ample numbers of folding
trestle tables, coffee tables and card tables to provide a comfortable
• The Heating system has recently been renewed and is very efficient.
• The lawn can easily accommodate the hall’s large Marquee, which can be
erected for you on request. A smaller “Party tent” can also be supplied.
Whichever you choose, there is still room for a Bouncy Castle, should you
wish to hire one – music can be piped out to the lawn if required.
• Hirers are responsible for putting out, sanitising and putting away all tables and chairs used. (These
can be set up beforehand for you upon request, at an additional charge)
• All kitchen equipment must be clean and dry and returned to the correct storage. Teatowels and
dishcloths cannot be provided – sorry!
• Bottles, cans, cardboard etc should be taken home to recycle please.
• Our music licence is until 11pm only, but you can apply for an extension if necessary.
• If you intend selling alcohol, please obtain pernission from the Hall management – a temporary
licence from the Local Authority will also be needed, which has to be displayed at the venue.
• If you would like tailored lighting or sound, please let us know when making your booking .